Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, May 5, 2022

Not The Best

Adoring Husband woke up in a very bad way this morning.

His tremor was so strong and aggressive that he couldn’t dress himself and he woke me up for assistance.

I was racking my brain trying to figure out what he had eaten or what he had done or not done to cause this sudden deterioration.

It took a while, but finally I asked him how long since he’d been for his morning walk.

1 week 😩

So I gave him a piece of my mind and he has promised to walk tomorrow.

By lunch time he had improved enough to drive to Craignish to pick up the FROG box, which we did together. We checked the mail and shopped at the butcher before heading home for lunch.

I spent the afternoon in the kitchen making a big pot of bolognese sauce. I got three meals for three people to freeze for future meals and AH and I had spaghetti bol for dinner tonight as well.

I also did a chicken curry which made six single meals.

I had to cull two drawers of the big upright freezer which contained a dozen tubs of chicken stock that I had made for the dogs almost three years ago. There were two very old containers of pumpkin soup, one of beef cheek gravy, one of cauliflower soup, some frozen celery and a green vegetable mix.

That made room for the new food.

Tomorrow I’ll do a batch of butter chicken and a beef stew.

I pulled out some plants from the veggie pod today. This is what’s in our garden right now.

Tomatoes and thyme thriving in front of the pool fence.


Asparagus and dill doing nicely under the pod.


In the pod, we have coriander, basil, parsley, chilli, rocket, baby cos lettuce now gone to seed and tomatoes.







We are still waiting to purchase some more raised beds and we need to fill our potato planters with soil so we can get them started too.

Tomorrow I need to check on my ginger starter and hopefully make a jug of ginger beer. It’s been sitting in a dark warm wardrobe for 4 days now (maybe 5?).

I cleared a few things out of the fridge to fit the fresh fruit and veg from the FROG box.

So it’s been quite a productive day and I think I can spend tomorrow cleaning the ensuite. I have a special treatment for the tiles and grout and then a whitening agent for the grout which has an anti mould barrier in it. I’ve never used either of these treatments before so it’ll be interesting to see how effective they are.

We want to rearrange our family room/dining room at some stage which will give us a good opportunity to clear and clean the dining table, declutter the cabinet, scrub the hidden corners of the floor and wash the windows. Not sure I’ll have the energy or strength to do that after the bathroom but we’ll see.

I tipped against my football team tonight and they have won convincingly so I’m not happy about that!

Now I’m off to bed.



Nite all.

No comments: