Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Rampant Rona

Well, it seems Covid is running rampant through town at the moment!

I personally know a dozen people in our little village who have it. All are vaccinated.

Still, none of the 59 unvaccinated people I know have succumbed to the virus … yet.

I’m sure somebody will catch it eventually.

I was up bright and early (early for me) to meet my art girls for coffee this morning. There were six of us in attendance and we got to catch up with Little T who, in January, was bitten by a spider and spent a month in hospital trying to save her leg! 

Thankfully, she was successful, but it was touch and go there for a while and her leg is still very discoloured - a very unhealthy colour. She’s lucky to have survived.

She is still struggling health wise, which is why we haven’t seen her for some time.

Today, as she stated, was good for her soul, to get out and spend time with friends having a good laugh and breathing fresh ocean air.

It was good for my soul too. We were noisy with laughter and cursing and venting and making fun of ourselves.

What usually lasts for an hour lasted for 2.5 hours and we were reluctant to end the gathering.

I returned home on my trike with the rear basket full of packages from the post office and in time to prepare lunch for Adoring Husband who had been working hard sorting out the pool pump room storage cupboards and clearing some of the Xmas decoration boxes from the family room.

Our house is a shambles at the moment but small steps will get the job done.

Just lately I seem to be taking one step forward and two steps back!

I did a little bit of clearing today but not even enough to make a noticeable dent.

AH has a date tomorrow helping a mate with some carpentry work, so I plan on getting a lot done here at home.

I’m about to make a list but some of the jobs will be labour intensive and time consuming so it’ll be interesting to see how far I get.

Anyway, it’s almost midnight so it’s time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: