Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 2, 2022

Back To It

Today was much more productive than the last few days.

Even though I still didn’t get out of bed til pretty close to noon, I was able to get a bit done.

The drizzling rain hindered my efforts to get my art space unpacked and organised.

To be able to move forward with that goal, I need to remove my trike, Adoring Husband’s bike and a few other bits and pieces to give me the room to move around and get properly organised. 

The rain prevented me from doing that today.

I unpacked one small box, cleared some paperwork from the dining table, found a home for some stuff that was delivered last week, did 2 loads of washing, watched a movie with AH, did a roast chook and veggies for a late lunch.

Oh … and I showered for the first time in three days 😳 and washed my hair.

I could smell myself 😵‍💫

Tomorrow morning I have to be up early to meet the carpet cleaner at the shop and then I hand over the keys.

All over red rover.

Last week, I sent a package to my Melbourne family and in it was a basic ‘How to Draw’ book for Chicklet who is 11 yrs of age. She has shown a real artistic talent and drawing/sketching is something she enjoys.

This is what she’s done so far and now I’m inspired!



When I purchased her book, I chose one for me too. “The Complete Book of Drawing - Essential Skills For Every Artist”.

I haven’t drawn anything yet, but have been reading it today and both refreshing my knowledge as well as picking up some new tips.

I feel like I have too many other important jobs to do before I can reward myself with some art. So my inspiration will go towards finishing those jobs first.

Tomorrow I have to be at the shop early to meet the carpet cleaner and after that I’ll be returning the keys to the Real Estate.

All over red rover.

AH and I will be making a trip into The Bay after that. Things to do, people to see, places to go.

So now I lay me down to sleep.








Nite all.


No comments: