Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, June 27, 2022

Nice & Productive

You’ll need more than an hour for this one … Dr Rima Laibow talks about the Globalist Agenda 

I didn’t wake up until 9am.

I got up twice during the night - once for me to pee and once for not so psychotic dog Colli to pee - our bodies don’t like broken sleep, mine especially.

There was no motivation to get up until after 10.30am.

I made a cup of tea and joined BGWLBH in my art room. We played music and I sat quietly drinking my tea while she got arty farty (even though I told her NO FARTING in my art room).

Adoring Husband, under my instructions, drove to the supermarket to get supplies for lunch and I made zucchini fritters with a spicy sauce for lunch.

After lunch, BGWLBH took me on a tour of the garden to show me the work that she and AH had done while I was in bed.

The raised garden beds were all filled with the propagated vegetables, the big storage box (which was only storing dog beds) was now full of dirt and a healthy looking sweet potato plant, my white dress racks were screwed to the fence as support rails for the passionfruit vine and a dragon fruit plant.

Things are sure moving along in the garden and we are using every available space.

I spent an hour actually DOING ART in my art space!!! It was most enjoyable.

After my favourite quiz shows finished, BGWLBH and I attached the netting to the frames of the 4 garden covers. We did it in record time and now our gardens will be partially protected from the predicted heavy rains this week.

I made chicken Maryland with caramelised pineapple, beans, carrots and mash for dinner followed by an icy smooth fruit whip for dessert.

My stomach has been playing up this afternoon and evening, so I came to bed at 7pm. Hopefully it will be better by morning because AH and I will be training it down to Brisvegas for an appointment with the Parkinson’s professor and we’ll be away from the comforts of home for 15 long hours.

Gotta be up at 4am so it’s time to attempt sleep now.


Nite all.

No comments: