Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Treasures

We left at 9am sharp.

First stop - Tinkerbell’s. An amethyst ring and bracelet to match the amethyst pendant that I bought at the Witch Markets last weekend.


Second stop - Pie & Pastry Paradise for tea/coffee. This was a cruel form of torture because they had nothing gluten free. The delicious aromas and the glass cabinets full of amazing goodies were almost heart breaking. We were strong and enjoyed our beverages.

Third stop - Spotlight to purchase all the craft requirements to make an authentic pirate’s treasure chest. I almost bought one, beautifully made, at the Witch’s Market for $120 but BGWLBH convinced me that we could make one ourselves. Today I spent $130 on everything to make a treasure chest one third the size of the one at the markets!! Go figure.

Fourth stop - Stocklands. We wanted to get our nails done but first we were hungry and decided to try Saffrons, the new Indian food place in the food court. Very bland and very mild. I had the massaman beef curry. Could not detect any curry. BGWLBH had the mango chicken curry that just tasted like sugar.


It was too busy to get our nails done so we shopped at the fruit and veg kiosk outside Coles and then shopped at Coles. We required two trolleys to carry our load and I stopped at the Bottle O on the way out for some vodka and margarita mix.

By the time we’d finished, we were both exhausted. We think the curry drained all of our energy instead of contributing to it!

It was after 2.30pm when we arrived home and after I unpacked all the food, I sat on my butt for over an hour until it was time to cook.

Duck breast with spinach/roast pumpkin/pinenuts salad and a garden salad. Delicious.

It’s almost midnight and I watched Kyrgios win his match at Wimbledon and now the Aussie, Thompson, is playing Tsitsipas. The Aussie won’t win.

I desperately need to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: