Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 2, 2022

Waiting

We were waiting for the forecasted weather to arrive.

With up to 200mm expected over the next few days, we tried to have all of our errands completed so that we don’t need to leave the house or drive anywhere out of town until the rain event is over.

It took a long while to get here but the rain has been consistent since lunch time ranging from a fine mist to steady rain.

I stayed in bed until 11am and when I did get up, I was greeted by the delicious aroma of pumpkin soup on the stove. BGWLBH makes the most delicious pumpkin soup ever! Full of flavour and with just the right amount of chilli to leave a lasting heat in your mouth.

We played trivia for a couple of hours and mid game, BGWLBH is winning. We’ll continue the game tomorrow.

I watched my quiz shows and Adoring Husband cooked dinner.

We watched some football and I am watching the tennis right now and hoping to see Djokovic play tonight.

So it’s been an unproductive but relaxing day.

I might attempt to do some art tomorrow.







Now it’s time to fall asleep to the sounds of Wimbledon.

Nite all.


No comments: