Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Sound Seven

After our big day yesterday, I slept for a solid seven hours last night.

I woke without my alarm and with plenty of time to get ready for our morning catch up with the art girls at the park.

There were seven of us in attendance with the usual laughter and story telling. We were joined by Mrs J who hasn’t been around for quite a few weeks after separating from her hubby and moving to The Bay. She was looking happy and healthy and it was nice to catch up with her.

The Bird Whisperer also joined us for the first time in weeks and she’s always fun to be around.

It was a nice, but very chilly morning which lasted for two hours and luckily BGWLBH brought a blanket and three of us at a time huddled under that attempting to keep warm.

On the way home, we checked the mail and bought food for a roast lamb dinner.

Lunch was a breakfast nosh up and I cooked bacon and eggs and tomato and mushrooms on toasted Turkish bread.

After lunch BGWLBH and I did some paperwork, photocopying, form filling, phone calling and tying up loose ends.

I watched a couple of episodes of The Great Pottery Throw Down which was recommended by The Silver Fox. It’s not a bad show.

We all enjoyed the lamb roast, although the meat was a bit chewy. I did potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, onion, broccoli and beans with home made gravy.

I caught up on last nights Big Brother and then watched tonight’s episode before coming to bed to watch Wimbledon. Djokovic is playing the Aussie Kokkinakis. Djokovic will win and I will fall asleep to the sound of him doing so.

BGWLBH and I have a day planned in The Bay. I plan on having a pedicure and I think I’ll go to Tinkerbell’s to buy an amethyst ring to match my new necklace.

Rain has been forecast for the next week so we are going to make the most of tomorrow.

It’s already after 11pm so I’m off to sleep, but before I go, here are our vegetable gardens that we’ve been building over the last week and which BGWLBH is maintaining and nurturing.


















Lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, snow peas, beans, chilli, carrot, celery, corn, onions, potato, sweet potato, bok choy, basil, parsley, coriander, rosemary, mint, thyme, passionfruit, pawpaw, dragon fruit, blueberries, blackberries, soursop, avocado, pineapple, strawberries and pumpkin.

I think that’s it.

Nite all.

No comments: