Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Garden Delights

I used my camera today for the first time in years.

I took photos of the garden but have not processed them yet so I can’t share them tonight, but I hope to process tomorrow.

It felt good and it seems that photography is like riding a bike. The skills come back pretty quickly.

It was difficult to get out of bed this morning and my vertigo was still pretty bad, so I sat on the edge of the bed and threw my head backwards to hit the mattress as hard as I could. I did it twice. It worked! My vertigo disappeared almost instantly!

So I dressed and got up to make breakfast.

Fresh tomatoes from the garden on toast with lots of salt and pepper and a cup of tea out under the Bali hut… but not before picking the first three strawberries from the garden and sharing them between us. Sweet and juicy … nothing like the bland un-juicy berries from the shops. I can’t wait for the rest to ripen.

I made a smoothy with mango, banana, kiwi fruit and passionfruit with coconut water for lunch while the others shared a grazing platter.

We played trivia for over an hour and then it was time for super Saturday football.

I discovered that the NSW darts championships were being televised live from Wollongong so I watch a good portion of that. $35,000 for first prize!! There were about 4000 people in attendance watching!! Who knew it was so big in Australia!?

I quite enjoyed watching that.

Now it’s almost midnight. Definitely time to sleep!


Nite all.

No comments: