Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 19, 2022

Escapees

Photos taken 50-100 years ago 

The air conditioning guys arrived just after 7.30am to put air in my new art space.

Within 30 minutes BGWLBH and I decided to escape the noise.

To be honest, BGWLBH was going to escape and I tagged along because I wanted to buy some art stuff to finish my octopus painting. Unfortunately, the ‘stuff’ I require can’t be purchased in The Bay so I’ll be doing my shopping online.

I bought a new hand made journal, some handmade soap and a beautiful handmade doggy jumper for not so psychotic dog Colli …


We stopped at a hair salon for my special hair conditioner, bought some Travacalm for our whale trip on Monday, purchased some junk food and attempted to restock the toilet paper for the shop toilets, but the place we go to closes at 2pm on Fridays and we got there at 2.20pm.

BGWLBH bought some clothes and a bag.

We had a lovely day.

I’ve had quite a bit of trouble with my vertigo today and twice while searching through my bag and looking down, I felt myself falling to the right and had to steady myself with a step sideways. 

I’m sure I must have looked drunk to some people!

By this afternoon, I couldn’t even sit at the table but had to be tilted back on the recliner to eat my dinner.

It’s not a pleasant condition and I’m hoping to wake up much improved in the morning.

Right now, I’m very tired so I’m ready to sleep it off.




Nite all.

No comments: