Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, August 14, 2022

Birthdays

There are a few birthdays today.

An old work colleague in Griffith turned 49.

The Brains Trust celebrated her big 70th birthday.

My Dad would have been 82 yrs old today.

Some pretty special people were born on this day!

So HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Adoring Husband brought breakfast to me in bed this morning and I was up at 9.30am because The Motivator was holding some fresh sand crab for me and I told her I’d be there at 10am.

BGWLBH drove me there and to the supermarket for garlic and a few bits and pieces.

When we returned, I shelled the crab and while BGWLBH vacuumed, I dusted in the family room and dining room.

AH was at work mowing so I spent some time in the art space adding more to my octopus.

AH had plans to get some bamboo protectant from Bambooland so I decided to go with him. I’m sure AH regretted asking me because I found 3x planter pots, 2x orchids, a begonia (just like the one my first mother-in-love used to grow) and a large and unusual looking plant.

Bambooland was quite lovely today …











It was an expensive little trip!

I’ll take photos tomorrow.

We watched the footy this afternoon and I did a roast lamb for dinner with mash, broccolini, carrots, spinach and snow peas with home made gravy.

Fruit whip for dessert.

We played TV trivia for an hour and then went our separate ways to watch our favourite shows.

No plans for tomorrow except grooming Colli’s face and doing some washing. Art may be on the agenda again.



Nite all.

No comments: