Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Productive

We accomplished a lot in The Bay today.

The highlight was a late breakfast at Cafe Balaena where we enjoyed poached eggs and bacon on GF bread and I ordered a fresh celery, pineapple and apple juice while BGWLBH ordered her usual coffee.

The atmosphere is so lovely and relaxing with gentle background music, friendly service and water views. We’ll definitely do breakfast there again.

Aquavue charge an extra $5 each for GF bread. Cafe Balaena charge $2. Cafe Balaena’s bread is also much nicer.

Next week we’re going to try breakfast with Dan and Steph on the Esplanade.

We made appointments and grocery shopped and searched for businesses that either moved, no longer exist or are just hiding inside another business. I also ran a small errand for Adoring Husband.

I am surprised that both Coles and Woollies are still having problems stocking their tissues and toilet paper! What’s going on there?

I buy tissues and toilet paper every week (the maximum allowable 2 boxes of tissues and 2 pkts of toilet rolls) whether we need them or not so we are steadily building a stash to get us through any future lockdowns.

At one of our grocery stops today, we found this ad for Jack Russell pups …

They are so cute 🥰 

If I was going to get a new dog, it would be a border collie from my cousin who is a registered breeder. She has been breeding dogs for decades and I can guarantee that her dogs are top quality and she introduces them to different sounds and animals and machinery and foods and many other things so that they are calm and confident in any situation from a young age.



I was very tempted to take one from her current litter but I want to be able to give it my full attention to take advantage of the dog’s intelligence and train it properly - as a ‘dog’ should be trained and not treat it like a ‘human’ and ruin it.

Maybe the next litter.

Tonight’s dinner for BGWLBH and AH was duck with spicy orange sauce, mash and salad.

I had a mandarin.

It’s been a big couple of days and I’m feeling a bit worn out.



Nite all.


No comments: