Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Sharing Produce

It was quite lovely at the Lions Park this morning …



The wind picked up around 11am and soon after that we said our farewells.

We’ve all been sharing produce from our gardens. Last week we gave everyone lettuce and we brought home duck eggs, bananas and fire place ash for our garden.

This week the Silver Fox was offering an abundance of passionfruit so I filled a bag and will freeze the flesh for our smoothies and fruit whips.

I checked the mail on the way home and arrived just in time for lunch. BGWLBH had made a grazing platter and I made myself a prawn sandwich.

After lunch I bagged two slices of bread into 12 ziplock bags for freezing, bagged the excess bananas for freezing, did a load of washing and sat under the Bali hut with BGWLBH before my quiz shows started.

I cooked barramundi, sweet potato chips, chargrilled our first zucchini from the garden and served a big bowl of salad in the centre of the table.

Delicious.

We played TV trivia for an hour before our shows started at 7.30pm.

We are definitely creatures of habit!

Tomorrow will be my first day at home this week and I plan on finally grooming not so psychotic dog’s face and ticking a couple of things off my ‘to do’ list which is extensive.

Now it’s time to sleep.



Nite all.

No comments: