Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, August 13, 2022

Nothing Much

Here is some info you may not like to hear but should! 

This machine is required to move 500 tons of earth/ore which will be refined into one lithium car battery. 

It burns 900-1000 gallons of fuel in a 12 hour shift.

Lithium is refined from ore using sulfuric acid.

The proposed lithium mine at Thacker Pass is estimated to require up to 75 semi loads of sulfuric acid a day!

[The Thacker Pass Lithium Mine is located in Humboldt County, about 25 miles from the Nevada-Oregon border. The proposed mine covers 9 square miles of public land and would operate one of the largest lithium deposits in the U.S. The Thacker Pass deposit sits within an extinct super volcano - the McDermitt Caldera]

The acid does not turn into unicorn food like AOC believes.

A battery in an electric car, lets say an average Tesla, is made of 25 pounds of lithium, 60 pounds of nickel, 44 pounds of manganese, 30 pounds of cobalt, 200 pounds of copper, and 400 pounds of aluminium, steel, and plastic, etc. averaging 750-1,000 pounds of minerals that had to be mined and processed into a battery that merely stores electricity, electricity which is generated by oil, gas, coal, nuclear, or water (and a tiny fraction of wind and solar).

That is the truth, about the lie, of "green" energy.

There’s nothing green about the green new deal.

The original greenies were a bunch of “hippies” wanting to do the right thing for our planet. Now they have been taken over by a bunch of ‘faces’ put there by the elite wealthy to create more wealth for the already wealthy.

They do all of this in plain sight while conditioning us to believe that what they are doing will make everything right with our world.

All is NOT right with our world.

A very uneventful Saturday for me.

I got out of bed around 11am and made breakfast.

I watched “Parasite” (that Korean movie that won the Academy Award in 2020) and considering how I hate subtitles, I actually liked this movie. It’s not what I expected and it’s definitely a movie of two halves with an unexpected twist and strange ending. It’s one of those movies where you’re rooting for the bad guys all the way through.

After that I discovered the Brendan Fraser movie “Blast From the Past” had just started on Foxtel, so I watched that. I’d seen it before but still enjoyed it.

I made chicken Maryland done with butter/honey/chilli and caramelised pineapple and banana, baked potato in their jackets with leeks, cabbage and bacon and a salad (because BGWLBH doesn’t like cabbage).

Adoring Husband and I watched super Saturday football and I’m doing very well with my tips moving from last place out of six players to fourth! Not much hope of me getting anywhere near first spot with only three weeks remaining in the competition. I need a miracle - like three perfect rounds in a row!

Now it’s time to sleep.





Nite all.

No comments: