Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Fun in the Bay

We started into The Bay just after 8am and hoped to get an appointment at a nail salon nice and early.

ALL of them were booked out!

So we made an appointment for Friday morning this week.

Once upon a time we could walk into any salon in town and be sitting down for our pedicure inside ten minutes, but the last four times we’ve tried that, we’ve been unsuccessful.

So we booked our appointment, did the rest of our errands in Stocklands and drove to Aquavue for our breakfast date.

It was quite cool with a chilly breeze blowing through the outdoor area, so BGWLBH needed a wrap.

We ordered our poached eggs and bacon on GF toast, coffee for her and tea for me.

We were very disappointed with our stone cold eggs on rock hard toast that snapped like toffee. We did not enjoy our breakfast at all. Taking into account that they charge us an extra $5 each for the GF toast, we’ve decided to try somewhere different next time. 

While we sat, we made up stories about the other people sitting at the tables and we watched an osprey, a Brahminy kite and a whistling kite hunting fish over the receding tide. It was a pleasant 90 minutes.

From there we drove to Office Works for a leisurely stroll/browse/shop. 

I purchased soft pastels and sketch pads and a journal and other bits and pieces. We love Office Works!

From there, the marina was our next stop to book a whale watching trip for the three of us near the end of August. We asked the very pleasant service lady a thousand questions and she was very patient and super friendly.

We went searching for an ATM and visited Pialba Place.

It was about 4pm by the time we headed home. It was a long day but as soon as we arrived, it was straight to the kitchen to cook duck with mash and salad for dinner.

We watched our shows on telly and now it’s after midnight!!

Time to sleep!



Nite all.


No comments: