Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, August 12, 2022

Pampering

It has been a big day out for the girls.

We had an early appointment at the nail salon which was delayed because Stocklands Centre decided to have a fire drill right on 8.30am.

This meant our appointment was more than 20 minutes late, which then caused all sorts of problems for the salon who were booked out for the day.

BGWLBH selected these colours …

I selected this colour …


They are gel foils which cost $80 and took almost twice as much time to do. I chose black, blue, green and gold.

After our pampering we browsed through TKMax where I found a couple of white tops on the sale rack and an iPad charging cord for Adoring Husband.

I was wearing closed shoes and we decided that I needed to show off my beautiful new toes, which of course, meant new shoes!

I couldn’t find anything in Williams or Novo so we tried Payless shoes where I found these very comfortable slip ons which show off my toes perfectly!

Off we went to AH’s doctor to pick up his physio plan.

We decided to become members of the Boat Club to get a great discount on the whale watching trip that we’ve booked for Monday week. There are also a few movies that we want to see and membership prices are great for the cinema at the club.

While we were there, we ordered bacon and eggs from their “all day breakfast” menu.

It was almost lunch time so it was quite busy and we sat for a long while out on the deck to watch the rain roll in while waiting for our food.

We had to eat inside as the very fine spray of rain scudded over the club just as our food was ready. I even ordered a small coffee and I have to say it was quite delicious.

We had a little play on the keno and I won $92 - we were smart enough to leave with those winnings.

After running a couple of errands, I wanted to put money on my lay-by at Tinkerbell’s but we discovered that they close early now so we were too late for that. I’ll pick it up on Tuesday, our lotto day.

Before going home, we stopped at our local shops to grab some meat for the weekend.

It was around 4.30pm by the time we arrived home.

AH had been very busy sleeping in his chair all day.

I’d forgotten to marinate the chicken for dinner so I made up the marinade and poured it over the chicken in the baking tray - which turned out better than when we soak it overnight! It had a nice spicy candied char on the skin, just the way we like it.

Tonight we’ve watched the footy and it’s almost 9pm. I’m feeling weary so I think it’s time for bed.


Nite all.

No comments: