Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, September 17, 2022

Even Older and Even More Tired

Five hours at Eumundi 🤪

Totally wiped us out.

It’s 6.15pm and I’m in bed.

We found a great parking spot in the school grounds for $6 so we did the rounds of the covered shop markets, put our purchases in the car and went for the kill in the other section.

Part way through our shopping spree, we stopped to sit and have bacon and eggs in one of the cafes on the main drag.

I wore my new runners - big mistake - after two hours my little toes were screaming at me and I went in search of new comfortable shoes to change into. I already have two pairs of these runners and have walked all day in both of them without an issue so I certainly didn’t expect a problem today.

I selected a pair of white moulded cell foam thongs with arch support. They cost $40 and are worth every penny! Very comfortable - even for walking distances. They are snug in the sole, very light weight and the top straps hug your foot perfectly so you don’t have to use your toes to keep the thong from slipping.

This meant we could carry on shopping.

My list of purchases include:

  • A planter pot for my macrame hanger at home.
  • 2 x pottery frogs for the garden.
  • Three cakes of hand made scented soaps.
  • Balsamic vinegar.
  • Salad Dressing.
  • Lemon Myrtle salt.
  • Wired hair strap.
  • A top.
  • A 6 pack of fermented ginger beer.
  • A shell macrame hanger.
  • A metal hanging spinner with a gecko in the centre.
  • Some GF donuts.
  • A pendant.
  • A pineapple, mango and passionfruit smoothie.
  • Two mineral balls - one to cleanse the pool and one to wash clothes to replace detergent.
I think that covers it (just off the top of my head). Retail therapy complete!

It was tough dragging our sorry butts and all our paraphernalia from the markets to the car. We filled the boot and arranged everything so as not to destroy our goodies on the trip home.

We decided that if we sat down at home, we’d never get back up, so the only option was to walk (yes more walking) the one kilometre to our favourite Thai restaurant at 3.45pm to order our takeaway dinner, eat exceptionally early and then climb into bed.

We are too old for all this physical activity!

I doubt I’ll still be awake for the footy at 8pm.

It’s been a big day.




Nite all.

No comments: