Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 16, 2022

Old and Tired

Falling asleep not long after 7.30pm last night, I did not sleep soundly - pretty standard for a first night in a strange bed - and was awake at 5am.

The noises from the main road outside our apartment, while they weren’t loud or invasive, they still disturbed my sleep because there are NO sounds at home. At home, I sleep with my window open and all is silent from about 6pm!

BGWLBH and I walked around the man made lagoon behind our apartment at about 7am. It has two islands in the middle. One has a bridge leading to it and the other is inaccessible and has two giant bird statues - a swan and an egret - on the edge of it surrounded by lush vegetation.

There is also a community vegetable and fruit garden beside the lagoon which we investigated during our walk.

There were lots of birds including this swan and two cygnets …

There were people with dogs and elderly couples and gardeners getting the grounds tidied before the school holiday crowds arrive.

We returned to our room to make poached eggs with tomato and avocado for breakfast, then we got ready for our big shopping day at Sunshine Plaza. I really didn’t think we’d be at the plaza for long and planned on visiting the boutique shops at Mooloolaba in the afternoon. But nope!

We had to stop for five minutes every hour because our fitness levels leave a lot to be desired! Even though we have most of the franchise shops in Hervey Bay, there are still a good number of lovely shops that we don’t have. And of course, there is Myers and David Jones. We didn’t even get to DJs!

I purchased a top, a necklace, 2 bars of soap, some tea towels, a game and three GF donuts. I attempted to purchase some GF heart brownies but they wouldn’t accept cash for payment (only card) so, just on principle, I said that if my cash wasn’t good for them, they would lose the sale. I’m not going to make the planned ‘cashless society’ easy for anyone.

We didn’t eat lunch but did sit down to a green juice for me - kale, spinach, cucumber, celery, apple and mint - and a mango, pineapple and passionfruit juice for BGWLBH. We people watched for about half an hour while we sipped on our drinks.

It was around 4pm when we arrived home. We dumped our goodies and went walking in the opposite direction to yesterday looking for food. We found a Thai restaurant about ten minutes away where I selected red curry with duck and fried rice with veg and chicken. BGWLBH selected Thai beef salad with fried rice and veg.

It was the best Thai food we have ever eaten!

You know when food is so good that you can’t stop eating and you go back for seconds even though you can barely move because you’re so full? I haven’t felt that way about any restaurant food for years! I can’t wait to go back tomorrow and try a different dish from the menu!

At 6pm we said good night and went to our respective bedrooms.

Absolutely shattered.

Tomorrow is Eumundi day - god help us!

Here are a few pics of our apartment.









No pic of the bedroom and ensuite that BGWLBH is in - thought I would leave her in peace. She has the double bed and huge ensuite with spa.

We are very comfortable.

Nite all.


No comments: