Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Trippin’

Today marks 19 years since Adoring Husband and I met face-to-face under the clock at Central Station in Sydney.

Having met in an ‘over 40s’ MSN chatroom three months prior to that, we had been chatting on line and over the phone for that time.

I remember our meeting as if it was yesterday. My heart was all a flutter and the adrenalin was pumping through my body like nobody’s business!

Happy memories.

Yesterday, AH bought me two bunches of flowers. One was a bunch of my favourites - sunflowers - and the second was a bouquet of Gerbera - my second favourite! Under my bedroom door this morning I found a beautiful card, so he really put in some effort this year.

BGWLBH and I left home just after 9am and had to first drive into The Bay to run some errands before starting our holiday. We left The Bay at 10.20am and due to roadworks EVERYWHERE, we arrived in Gympie just under 2 hours later!

We investigated the ladies clothing store that I mentioned yesterday but it was disappointing. They had lovely clothing but nothing that tickled our fancy.

We found a little cafe and ate a disappointing lunch before hitting the road again.

Yet more roadworks made for slow going and we reached Mooloolaba at 2.30pm to pick up the keys to our apartment. It took us a while to find our apartment but eventually we dragged all our gear from the car to the lift and hauled it all inside. 

So much crap for five nights!

We have great water views with a nice little balcony, a bedroom each with our own ensuite, a huge modular lounge to laze on and a well stocked kitchen - there was even a packet of TimTams in the fridge with a little message written on it. I’ll take photos tomorrow to share here.

After we unpacked, we decided to go walking to check out the food situation. We found a Mexican restaurant and decided to grab takeaway to eat in our apartment. We were too buggered to consider anything else.

By 5pm, we’d eaten our very ordinary dinner and BGWLBH headed off to bed. I am currently laying on the couch yawning my head off and contemplating my own bed.

Yep, I think I will climb into bed and hopefully wake up refreshed for a big day tomorrow.



Nite all.

No comments: