Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Baying It

BGWLBH and I headed into The Bay this morning.

We had a list which we completed but it was a day of very slow service.

On average, I reckon we had to wait about 10-15 minutes to be served in most places, whether we were standing in a queue, waiting on our own for somebody to serve us or waiting for whatever we ordered.

Su Jus Cafe is fast becoming my “unhappy” place. Today was the the third time in a row that we had to wait.

The first time, we walked to the counter to order juices and cakes ($64 worth) and kept being told “Sorry ladies. Won’t be long” - it took 15 minutes to serve us.

The second time was at the Stockland store where they only had two servers on shift. We waited 15 minutes for our juice and there was only one person in front of us.

Today at the Pialba store, there was one customer in front of us who ordered 2 drinks, we ordered two drinks and ten minutes AFTER we ordered, another customer ordered one drink.

BGWLBH decided to do her shopping in the supermarket while I waited for our drinks.

Twenty minutes later, BGWLBH returned with her shopping, the customer who ordered AFTER us received her drink and another eight minutes later they finally called my name.

In Spotlight there were two customers in front of us and the first one was stocking up on wool and craft items. There was only one check out operator who decided to have a nice chat while she worked. Fifteen minutes later we were served.

We waited a long time for our lunch to be served - long enough that I almost asked them if they’d lost our order.

It was quite tiring. Waiting takes it out of you!

We were home by 3.30pm and we made a cup of tea and went in opposite directions. BGWLBH collapsed on her bed and I collapsed on the couch.

I cooked chicken thighs and pork sausages for dinner, served with a big salad.

We watched The Block and I came to bed.

I feel very tired.






Nite all.

No comments: