Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, October 7, 2022

Out To It

After a huge day out on the water for our third whale watching trip, I fell into bed at 6.30pm on Thursday night and was instantly asleep.

I slept until midnight when I needed to pee, immediately fell asleep again until 4am - I think the noise from Adoring Husband preparing for work woke me but I went straight back to sleep until 6.30am.

Twelve hours!

I woke up so refreshed and calm and relaxed.

It was wonderful.

The whale watching day was great. Better than our August trip but not as good as September. The whales weren’t quite as active but the weather was glorious and the water was every shade of blue, the sea was calm and the sky had scattered clouds keeping the temperature mild.

As we arrived home AH was preparing to leave for an SES meeting. It was ‘fend for yourself’ dinner night which was why I fell into bed so early.

Today was Op Shop day.

BGWLBH and I have some crafting ideas so we decided to do an op shop crawl all over Hervey Bay to find some supplies. We were very successful but boy were those op shops busy! There were a couple of locations that we couldn’t even find a parking space.

We returned home with three big bags of photo frames, cups and bowls and lots of jewellery pieces and chains.

I still have to complete two or three other projects before starting the next one but watch this space in the coming weeks and months to see our plans come to fruition.

Tonight was the usual chicken by AH for dinner and we created a special dessert combining the failed apple and blueberry muffins with stewed apple and pear which turned out quite nice. BGWLBH even went back for seconds.

It’s almost 11.30 pm so it’s time for sleep.

These photos are from the trip home after whale watching. The sky became quite grey and there were rain squalls in the distance. I haven’t uploaded the whale pics yet. I’ll do them over the weekend.



Nite all.

No comments: