Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Sunday Showers

Today was a good day for remaining in bed.

I did not remain in bed.

Our television/Foxtel box lost all free to air channels on Friday night. We tried resetting a number of times as well as restarting, to no avail.

This morning Adoring Husband realised that the NRL Grand Final was on tonight and he needed the free to air channel!

A phone call to Foxtel that lasted probably 40 minutes, if not longer, resulted in nothing but instructions to do what AH had already done and to call back in an hour if it was unsuccessful. AH was very frustrated and very angry during that phone call and it was very unpleasant to hear from my bedroom.

The woman with whom he was speaking remained frustratingly calm and nonplussed.

I chose to leave my bedroom and make breakfast to take far away to the Bali hut until he got it all sorted.

An hour after that first phone call, with the instructions being unsuccessful, AH made the second phone call which, after some time in the queue, eventually connected him to a male who gave him the exact same  instructions.

This time AH calmly went through the process, again unsuccessfully, until the operator connected to our TV and did the same thing … also unsuccessfully … finally offering a new upgraded box for free, which will arrive around 10th October.

He connected AH to another operator who took his details and confirmed that new box would be shipped out free of charge.

Exhausting.

However … no free to air channel for the Grand Final.

We actually have four other TVs, all with free to air channels, in various locations in our house, but they are all about a quarter the size of the main TV. Still better than nothing.

AH chose instead to put the 9NOW app on the smart TV and live streamed the footy - which meant it wasn’t exactly live - it was about two minutes slower than live.

So much trouble to go to for a boring, uneventful NRL Grand Final that failed to get the heart pumping or the blood flowing.

We played trivia under the Bali hut in the rain for about an hour this morning and THEN I returned to bed for the afternoon.

It was a very pleasant afternoon watching YouTube, BitChute and Rumble videos and interviews as well as dozing here and there.

For dinner, I emptied the freezer of two containers of butter chicken and one of bolognese sauce. BGWLBH got butter chicken with papadums. AH got butter chicken with rice. I got spaghetti bolognese.

While preparing all of that, I also cooked an apple slice in the griddle pan, which was delicious straight from the oven!

Tomorrow is a public holiday so I could quite possibly spend another day in bed!






Nite all.

No comments: