Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Truth & Trust

Truth & Trust - 41 minutes of pandemic information from Phillip M Altman BPharm(Hons), MSc, PhD, Pharmacologist - Clinical Trial & Drug Regulatory Affairs Consultant.

Market fun today!

2 x Markets!

Could have been three if only we had the energy to continue!

Adoring Husband joined BGWLBH and I for a morning of fun starting at Salt Cafe for breakfast at 7am. Two of us had our usual poached eggs and bacon without bread and a pot of tea while AH selected eggs Benedict with smoked salmon and a mugacchino.

Urangan pier market was our first stop and we wandered through all the stalls for about an hour. I purchased things like soap, a travel mug for my Wednesday morning tea, 2 bottles of chilli sauce, a timber hanging heart for under the Bali hut, shells for future art projects, an air plant for the box hanger and a jade dragon.



The GF donut man was parked so I purchased four donuts (yum).

Even though I was already tired from all that spending and walking, we found our way back to the car and drove to Torquay where the other market stalls were displaying their wares.

This is where I found two jade bracelets, a huge serpentine stone in a rope hanger with feathers (serpentine corrects mental and emotional imbalances helping you feel more in control of your life), a copper wand with clear quartz, a copper cleanser for dirty electricity, two colourful hanging metal fish for under the Bali hut, a stained glass and driftwood wind chime for under the Bali hut, an Aust made and designed top, a tea towel and soap.




I ran out of cash and had to attack AH’s wallet at the end.

We stopped at Go Natural where I was able to buy 70% chocolate for cooking. Nana’s Pantry didn’t have any left when we stopped there during the week and didn’t know long it would be til their order was delivered.

Our favourite shop, Office Works, was next on our hit list. AH was a tired little puppy so he stayed in the car while we browsed and purchased pens, notebooks, a journal, a soy candle and 2 boxes of trivia cards.


The final destination before home was Harvey Normans where AH had to stock up on necessities for the coffee machine (not coffee) and I took the opportunity to buy lotto tickets at Eli Waters and BGWLBH did a small shop in the supermarket.

We were home well before midday and I, for one, was exhausted!

BGWLBH made a fruit and veg platter for hers and AH’s lunch. I drank some anti-inflammatea with my donut and lay on the couch reading movie trivia cards to BGWLBH while she ironed.

I could hear my bed calling to me and I’ve been resting for the last 90 minutes.

I’m not sure what I’ll prepare for dinner tonight. I don’t want to think about it just yet.

Right now I need a nana nap.

Afternoon all.

No comments: