Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, September 25, 2022

Angry

Today I feel angry.

For many reasons which I won’t go into here. I listed them in my diary and I need to find a way to resolve and dissolve the anger before my health suffers.

I think I’ll do some ‘journey’ work because that often clears emotional turmoil. Some meditation would help - I meditated by the side of the pool this morning, which improved my mood for several hours.

Journaling is always helpful and I think I need to get out on my trike and perhaps ground myself on the beach.

I didn’t get out of bed until almost 10am and enjoyed my breakfast by the pool.

I decided to make an upside down apple cake (paleo) in the cast iron pan. It was ‘to die for’ especially when still warm. I created a ginger, apple and pear syrup to pour over it. Because it’s made with coconut flour, it tends to dry out after a day or so and the syrup gives it moisture.

I made a juice for lunch - pineapple, apple, orange, kiwi fruit and passionfruit with coconut water and iced water.

I watched ‘Crazy Rich Asians’.

We had an early dinner of lamb roast with orange sweet potato, white sweet potato, pumpkin, zucchini, roasted cherry tomatoes, broccoli and green beans with home made gravy.

We played trivia until our TV shows came on.

It’s now 11pm and I’m feeling weary.






Nite all.

No comments: