Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Happy Outcome

Well I tried the new hairdresser today and am very impressed!

I had about 4” cut off the length and she softly layered it. For a shampoo, condition, wonderful head massage, hair cut, blow dry and straighten, it cost $60! 

The salon was lovely, the staff were super friendly and very skilled, tea/coffee/water/cookies/lollies were offered and I found the price very reasonable.

I shall definitely return.

BGWLBH had an appointment at the same time but her half head of foils took three hours while my work only took one hour. She has a very thick head of hair!

Adoring Husband picked me up at 10.20am so that we could visit our financial advisor for a one hour meeting. 

We like our FA because she’s very warm, approachable and honest. She tells it like it is, keeps us informed and is always available to take our questions.

Sadly she was caught in the floods down south near Ballina. Her home was built 5kms from the river and the ground was raised five metres before it was built, yet the floods were so bad that the water was about a foot deep through the house.

Not only that, her insurance ran out two weeks prior to the floods. The premiums were increasing from $1800 yr to $34,000 yr (yes, that’s thirty four thousand dollars) so she made the decision to drop the insurance. Two weeks. Ugh.

To top it all off, the house was on the market because she’s in the middle of a divorce and now the price of the house has reduced by $200,000 because it’s considered to be in a flood zone.

On the plus side, she was promoted at work AND she looks fabulous.

It’s been a rough year for her but she’s still smiling.

At the end of that meeting, AH dropped me back to where I was meeting BGWLBH.

I did some groceries, visited the fresh fruit kiosk and bought some bread. By the time I returned to the salon, BGWLBH was at the counter paying. Good timing!

We had a list so we spent the next three hours driving all over The Bay ticking off each errand as it was completed and we arrived home at 4.30pm which meant straight to the kitchen where I made a vegetable frittata and baked smokey barbecue chicken for dinner.

We even found the energy to play some trivia after dinner.

Tomorrow is a visit to the vet with not so psychotic dog Colli and picking up the FROG box on the way home.

Yes, busy week.




Nite all.

No comments: