Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, September 30, 2022

Separate Ways

It felt strange today for all of us to be doing something separate from each other.

Adoring Husband drove me to Bambooland where I met The Gypsy for our first face to face catch up in about 8 months. We’ve had a few zoom calls but to be in each other’s physical presence was a lovely change and reminded me how much I miss our weekly chats since the shop closed.

The weather was perfect for sitting outside under the giant bamboo with the sun filtering through the leaves and branches. The Gypsy shouted me a small coffee and we found a picnic table to sit at for two hours of chitchat.

Just like the old days, there was too much to talk about in such a short period of time and the two hours passed way too quickly. Before we knew it Adoring Husband was walking towards us to let me know he was there to pick me up.

Warm hugs and promises to not leave such long gaps between catch ups next time. Sometimes life gets in the way and sometimes it’s tricky to get the stars aligned, but our connection is strong so it doesn’t matter how long between meetings, it’s always easy picking up where we left off.

While I was with The Gypsy, AH was meeting his mate for their regular coffee date and BGWLBH took the opportunity to drive into the Bay for her own ‘me time’.

She returned in the early afternoon and we all took the opportunity to nap. AH and I napped on our recliners and BGWLBH napped in her bed. We had ALL run out of energy!

Dinner was our Friday night favourite of spicy chicken wings and we played some trivia before all heading to bed. 

It’s only 9.30pm but we’re all heading off early tomorrow morning to hit the pier markets and enjoy breakfast on the waterfront.





Nite all.

No comments: