Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, December 2, 2022

Indoor Pool

Harley’s main event for today was, using only his front paws, and without tipping it or up ending it, to completely empty a 2 litre bowl of water and spread it over a 10 x 10 square foot area of the house.

In effect creating our own indoor swimming pool.

Then … while I was attempting to mop the water up with towels, he would jump up, grabbing the towel in his teeth and proceed to hump it.

I was laughing so hard I couldn’t even be angry at him, but I did call him a few choice names!

How could this innocent little soul …

Be so naughty?

We went for our first walk with the harness and leash this morning. He was a bit hesitant and we only walked to the first corner on our side of the street and back - about 5 minutes.

He was frightened by a top notch pigeon that landed close by us and I spotted a cat on the road ahead of us  which I thought might provide a bit of excitement, but the cat climbed down into the drain before Harley spotted it.

On the bright side, no holes were dug today and he kept himself amused for most of the day with his toys and a big bone that I gifted to him mid morning.

No rain today and since Tuesday we collected 87mm in the gauge.

I seemed to spend a lot of time washing dog beds, blankets and mats, mopping the floor, cooking, emptying and refilling the dishwasher and stopping Marley from rounding up Colli - who actually fought back and snapped at him for the first time today!

I did manage to squeeze in a couple of episodes of my Portrait Artist of the Year show and I ordered some fish beads to complete my latest masterpiece (said with tongue firmly in cheek).

Got an early start tomorrow to attend the Howard markets so I’d best get some sleep!






Nite all.

No comments: