Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Rest Day

Harley didn't get up to any great mischief today.

He made life difficult for Adoring Husband while I napped this afternoon, but that’s more about AH than it is about Harley haha.

BGWLBH and I drove out to Howard Markets at 6.30am and even though there were already a LOT of people there, we were able to find what we call a “Rock Star Carpark” space right at the entrance.

We regrettably started with a coffee. Our bodies are not used to milky coffee so we suffered a few hours later.

I was well restrained with my purchases and came home with worm castings fertiliser, a macrame angel to hang under the Bali hut, some coriander relish and hot mango relish. BGWLBH bought a watermelon, some mini succulents, some books and a candle - the proceeds of which support rescue animals.

Just as we came to the end of the stalls, the weather became very dark and gloomy with the wind picking up considerably so our departure was perfectly timed.

On the way home we stopped at the butchers and supermarket for a couple of items and we were home by 9.30am!

I had some lovely play time with Harley, helped AH pull apart the garden covers and watched a couple more episodes of Portrait Artists before making a grazing platter for lunch.

Chicken wings, 2 x cheeses, grapes, stuffed bell peppers, guacamole dip, cucumber, snow peas, mango, strawberries, kiwi fruit, dragon fruit, watermelon, mushrooms and rice crackers.

After another play with Harley, I went down for a nap at 2pm, slept soundly for about 40 minutes and then dozed on and off for an hour. My knees and elbows have been giving me curry with this crazy weather and I’ve struggled a bit with the pain so it was difficult getting up after my snooze.

I wasn't hungry but I prepared crispy skinned chicken with a salad of lettuce (from the garden), radishes (from the garden), shallots (from the garden), tomatoes (from the garden), cucumber, avocado and a spicy dressing. Sweet potato discs done in the air fryer.

Dessert was paleo apple pan tart.

BGWLBH and I played ‘Sequence’ after dinner and I won best out of three.

In bed early with Harley settling nicely. Even after my nap, I still feel like I’ll sleep well tonight.



I have a lot of washing to do tomorrow but in between I’d like to attempt an acrylic portrait. We’ll see how I go.







Nite all.

No comments: