Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, December 1, 2022

Rained In

Due to the wet conditions, we didn’t pick up the FROG box yesterday, so today during a break in the weather, BGWLBH and I drove to Craignish to collect it.

Adoring Husband wasn’t up to the task because the Parkinson’s symptoms have been giving him grief for a couple of days.

It’s very chilly tonight!

First day of Summer and I have the comforter over me in bed. Unheard of!

This is what Harley did today …

No more dill in the garden.

It’s my own fault for not checking on him when I knew he was being too quiet.

He has many noisy toys, a dustpan brush that he bangs about, a bone that he tosses onto the concrete, little plastic blue cups that he rolls on the concrete so I can always hear what he’s doing. When he goes quiet I get up to check on him.

I didn’t do that this afternoon.

It could have been worse so I’m not particularly bothered.

I almost completed my octopus art today. Just a couple more things to glue into place. So far I’m pretty happy with it and will take a pic tomorrow.

I cooked fried rice, charred zucchini and banana, chilli pomegranate chicken for dinner tonight.

Harley slept until 5.15am today so I’m pretty chuffed with that! Won’t be long and I’ll have him on my timeline!

It’s now 8.20pm and I think I’m ready for lights out.







Nite all.

No comments: