Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, January 22, 2023

Just Like Dory

It has been a big Harley day.

I decided to take him for a 30 minute walk this morning because he had a lot of energy to expel and we needed some practise with the new harness and leash. He did well but needs work on the loose leash walking.

He was pretty puffed and hot when we got home so I took him for a swim in the pool …

He had three swims today and each one lasted longer than the one before. He just keeps swimming … like Dory in Finding Nemo!

Then we played fetch.

I cooked bacon and eggs for our breakfast.

Adoring Husband went to work mowing lawns.

I spent time in the art space but not doing art.

I spent time in my bed getting away from super energised Harley.

I swam laps in the pool with Harley.

I watched a little bit of tennis.

I did a baked dinner with a whole chicken and vegetables. Even Harley got a baked dinner!

I spent an hour helping AH search for his reading glasses and I eventually found them inside his moon boot. Where else would you put your reading glasses??? Seriously!? 

AH started to go to bed at 8.30pm but by the time the glasses debacle was over, it was 10.10pm by the time he actually got there.

Poor Harley didn’t get to bed until 9.30pm which is way past his usual bed time!

Sleep time for me now.






Nite all.

No comments: