Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, January 27, 2023

Almost Over

The Australian Open tennis is almost over for another year.

Today was fabulous tennis with Tsitsipas and Djokovic both winning so they’ll meet in the final on Sunday. What a great match that will be! I can’t wait!

Two strong women in Rybakina and Sabalenka to play tomorrow and the men’s doubles will be great with a couple of unseeded Aussies fighting for the trophy. They wiped out the number one seeds to get here so good luck to them!

Harley had quite a few swims today and now he’s diving in the deep end and completely submerging himself before swimming his laps! What a daredevil he is.

The water is very warm now so it’s not as refreshing as it could be. Today, we put the umbrella up to provide some shade and hopefully cool the water down. I dislike swimming in a warm pool.

We spent some time in the art space but I didn’t do any art. BGWLBH did. She powers through all sorts of different art ideas. She’s a freak.

She prepared this delicious platter for lunch today …

I didn’t eat lunch.

I dozed on the couch for about 30 minutes.

Adoring Husband spent about seven hours on his feet, clearing out his shed and doing some odd jobs around the yard - not good for his injured foot so we’ll see how that pulls up tomorrow.

The usual chicken wings for dinner, followed by some TV trivia before the tennis started.

I think I require an early night - the tennis has been keeping me up past my usual bed time and it’s catching up with me.







Nite all.

No comments: