Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Recovery

My liver is struggling right now. Struggling to filter all the crap in those lollies. 

There are certain signs that I know to look for when my liver is struggling. After I was prescribed almost ‘overdose’ quantities of thyroid medication in 2008, I’ve had some liver dysfunction which is also associated with my many food sensitivities - gluten, lactose, some seafood, peach skin, egg, MSG, lots of preservatives, additives, food colouring etc

Prior to my thyroid condition (which, by the way, no longer exists) I was allergic to sea perch, sea scallops and peach skin. Those allergies only appeared in my mid 30s.

I am experiencing my usual signs - joint pain, stomach pain, diarrhoea, lethargy and other things that would be ‘too much information’ for here. If I’m very careful and do the right things, it usually lasts for two or three days.

Tomorrow will be day three and I am already feeling a lot better, so perhaps a good night of sound sleep will nip it in the bud.

I took it easy today to aid in my recovery process and ate very lightly, drinking lots of filtered water, sitting in the sun and resting.

Harley had a twenty minute swim in the pool. He swims until he becomes water logged, which makes his body sit lower in the water, which wets his ears, which he does not like so he high tails it to the exit step! But he is a very confident and strong swimmer.

He was a good boy today.

BGWLBH spent the day in The Bay and Adoring Husband delivered keys to a new business owner at the local shops and then met a concreter for a quote.

I watched some tennis, the Love Island Australia finale from last year and an art show.

Bangers, mash, beans, snow peas, carrots and tomato & onion gravy for dinner.

We played TV trivia for an hour after dinner.

I’m now watching the Tsitsipas vs Lehecka quarter final of the tennis. I think I’ll be falling asleep to this one. It will probably be a four or five setter. I’d like Tsitsipas to win.







Nite all.

No comments: