Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Relaxing All Over

Excess deaths in 30 countries


Swimming … alone AND with Harley.

Playing with Harley. All three of us took turns throughout the day.

Watched an old 1972 movie “The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean” starring Paul Newman, Ava Gardner, Anthony Perkins, Jacqueline Bisset  and Victoria Principal along with many familiar faces like Stacie Keach.

Dozing on the couch in the afternoon.

Resting in bed before cooking dinner.

Honey garlic chilli chicken with mash, coleslaw and garden salad.

Watching the Woman’s Tennis Final right now while Adoring Husband snores in the chair beside me.

BGWLBH did some art.

I think we are attending the markets in the morning and taking Harley with us - that should be an interesting experience - his first market and first time walking through crowds. A good training opportunity.

I shall now go to bed and watch the final set of the tennis.









Nite all.

No comments: