Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, February 2, 2023

New Plan

Last night, after a day of squally rain, our weather app showed that the wet weather was going to continue for another ten days, so BGWLBH and I cancelled our planned drive into Maryborough for the markets this morning.

At 5.30am as I was waking from my slumber, I received a text from BGWLBH saying “The skies are clear. Do you want to go to Maryborough?”

“Yes!”

So off we drove, leaving Adoring Husband in charge of Harley Turdburger.

There weren’t many stalls lining the street. I think the predicted weather put a lot of people off, but I found the GF donut man and bought 4 donuts, the Indian cuisine man sold me some hot mango chutney, I got pomegranates, mangoes and lychees from the farmers market and that’s it! Oh I found some doggy treats for Harley too (which he loves).

We sat down to eat breakfast at Alowishus Delicious which was pleasant.

We found a little art store and spent some money there and finally did a quick squiz through Station Square before heading home.

We stopped at Olivers for some coffee beans and then at Tin and Timber in Torbanlea for a couple of coverlets to protect the lounge from Harley.

We were home by 11am and I spent a good portion of the day on some training sessions with Harley teaching him, SIT, DOWN and STAY, swimming in the pool and playing fetch. I think I wore both of us out.

I cooked spaghetti bolognese with garlic bread for dinner.

We played TV trivia and watched MAFS.

It’s time to sleep now.


Nite all.

No comments: