Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, February 4, 2023

Artifying

It’s a new word that BGWLBH and I made up. It’s what we do in the art space.

We artify.

I did a jellyfish today.

It was a complete failure, but I know where I went wrong and I will have another attempt tomorrow and hopefully get it right. 

There is a LOT wrong with it but I’m putting it here so that you can see the improvement in the next attempt.

It was way too muggy to leave the house and I decided quite early that we wouldn’t go to the Howard market. The ground would be soggy due to the recent rain and the muggy heat would make it way too uncomfortable to enjoy browsing the stalls.

There is condensation dripping down the inside of the windows because we have the air conditioner running 24/7.

We just need a good storm to clear the air and drop the temperature!

Harley only had one swim today and a couple of short games to release some energy.

I partly watched and partly dozed through “The Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard” and I didn’t start dinner until quite late.

I crumbed some boneless chicken thighs and we had garden salad and coleslaw with it.

We played some TV trivia and I started to watch “The Lost City” starring Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe and Brad Pitt (yum) but bed called to me after about 40 minutes so I’ll watch the rest tomorrow.

So it’s sleep time for me.



Nite all.

No comments: