Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, March 18, 2023

Cuddled Up

Harley had a very restless night and moved around so much in his cage that he moved it forward more than 30cm until it hit my bed, which is timber, so it made a hell of a racket.

I moved it back to where it started but a couple of hours later it was banging against the bed again.

He was awake and ready to start the day at 5.15am.

Begrudgingly, I dragged myself out of bed and took him outside.

I’d be happy to get out of bed early if it was because he had a full bladder and desperately needed to evacuate! But he doesn’t pee for a good 15-20 minutes after we leave the bedroom!

What’s that about?!

Anyway, we had cuddle time on the couch, I gave him breakfast, made myself a cup of tea, prepared bacon and eggs for breakfast and ended up in the pool with Harley.

Almost 90 minutes later, after more cuddles (wet cuddles) under the Bali hut, we reluctantly left the pool area.

I put my painting overalls on and did some more of my art …

Super Saturday football took my attention for the remainder of the day. I am 5 from 6 with my tips.

It’s now 10pm and it’s time to sleep because we are leaving for Nikenbah markets at 6.30am.

Also, my eyelids are sinking closed.

Nite all.

No comments: