Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Showing Gratitude

I felt the need to thank my Wednesday girls for their support and friendship over the past year.

For a lot of the year, it was tough going for me and for a lot of Wednesdays, I really had to force myself to make the effort to attend the catch ups. 

Thank goodness they were there because getting out was so good for my healing process and if Wednesdays were not an option, I’d have locked myself away and fallen into deeper, darker territory.

At 6am I was in the kitchen baking a chocolate cake and preparing a cheese ball and crackers. I packed a table cloth, paper plates, serviettes, a knife to cut the cake and cheese knives to scoop the cheese onto the crackers.

I asked Adoring Husband to look after Harley because I knew I couldn’t fit him, the cake and the bag containing everything else in the trike basket and also be able to carry my tea.

BGWLBH decided not to attend so I had no choice but to carry it all myself. Harley was not an option.

I arrived about 5 minutes before everybody else which gave me time to lay the tablecloth and set everything on the table. 

The immediate comments were “Whose birthday is it?”

So I explained to them how grateful I was for their friendship during my lowest times and thanked them all for ‘being there’.

They were surprised, especially because they hadn’t realised that I was struggling so much, and they all hugged me and then chowed down on the food.

Surprisingly, it was a three hour morning so I didn’t return home until just before midday!

It was nice.

The rest of my day was lazing in front of the TV until play time with Harley and I cooked a chicken version of shepherds pie for dinner.

It felt like a good day.






Nite all.

No comments: