Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Friday, March 17, 2023

Summery Autumn

I was too tired to post last night.

Between Harley, the heat, my kitchen duties and the effort required to find motivation to do anything, by the end of the day, I’m worn out.

I’ve been able to do a little more on my art each day. So far, I roughly calculate that this one has taken me 23 hours. I’ve probably got another 4-6 hours of work remaining.

It’s both therapeutic and draining at the same time! BGWLBH has completed about 18 pieces of art in the equivalent amount of time. Less intense, but simple and effective beautiful pieces.

We will be doing the local markets next weekend where we hope to sell my old shop stock, BGWLBH’s art and some pre-loved clothing.

Tomorrow, we’ll set up the gazebo, plan how our tables will fit and work out how to display our wares.

Let’s hope that weather is kind to us on 25th March.

I spent about an hour in the pool today, which was lovely and cool in this hot humid weather. Harley enjoyed it too.

So far, I’ve been very successful with my footy tips correctly tipping 3 from 3 this weekend. Five more games to go.

Now it’s time for me to sleep.







Nite all.

No comments: