Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Detoxing Upwards

Today, I experienced a “first”.

I had an Ionic Detoxing Foot Bath.

The ioniser, which is placed in a hot foot bath, releases ions through the water and into your body. Your cells are energised by the ions and release the toxins, oils, acids, fats, heavy metals, cellular debris and waste that has accumulated in your body.

After 30 minutes, the water turns dark brown/yellow. My naturopath said that for some people, the water turns completely black.

I followed the foot bath with a foot massage that included a bit of reflexology.

The results of my hour long treatment left me feeling lighter, a little more energised and clearer in my head. I didn’t need an afternoon nap for the first time in weeks but later tonight I experienced an unexpected ‘complete cleansing’ (if you know what I mean) and I feel completely purged of everything toxic that was in my body!

The entire treatment cost me $75 and I think I’ll do it again in a couple of weeks.

We had a busy day starting with breakfast at Bean Beat, followed by grocery shopping, art shopping, office works, bakery, butcher, optometrist, newsagent, nail salon, Su Jus cafe and the cheap shop.

We picked up the FROG box on the way home and checked the Post Office and then took forever to unpack the car at home.

I cooked lamb chops, zucchini slice in the muffin tray and salad for dinner.

Now it’s almost midnight and it’s time to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: