Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, May 6, 2023

Cake and All

Happy Birthday to BGWLBH!

We were up bright and early to beat the crowds to Howard Markets.

I gave BGWLBH her first small gift to start the day with a giggle …

Upon arrival at the markets, we found a coffee van of course!

We bought lots of fruit and vegetables, dog treats, a toy bat mobile for Adoring Husband, some king salmon and sand crabs, some Do Terra Ice, a plant, a plant pot, soap, a pair of overalls and ALMOST an apron!

By the time we made our way to the car, our granny trolley was very full and very heavy!

We ran into some people from town which was lovely and there were lots of dogs on leashes. I stopped to cuddle some chihuahuas, one of which was only 8 weeks old. Too cute for words. There was also a very big, very ugly Bull Terrier that I avoided.

We were home before 9am and I cooked breakfast for BGWLBH and gave her a bag of birthday gifts which she loved.

After an hour playing with Harley, I baked a birthday cake. Vanilla sponge with lemon icing - as requested by BGWLBH.

While I waited for it to bake, I did some more to my wave.

Still a way to go yet.

BGWLBH did these …


We lit candles and sang happy birthday while our herbal tea steeped and then we each enjoyed a slice. It was yummy.

I watched the football all afternoon and evening and I was very grateful to have baked a double lasagne last week so that all I had to do was heat it in the oven, make some garlic bread and a garden salad. The perfect birthday dinner.

It’s now 11.30pm so I’m off to sleep.




Nite all.

No comments: