Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, April 30, 2023

Never Ever

In more than 625 rounds of football over 25 years of footy tipping, I have never had a week as bad as this one!

I got ONE correct out of eight!

I’m horrified and ashamed and embarrassed and disappointed.

HOWEVER …

If that’s the worst thing that happens to me this year, I’ll be doing ok 👍 

Nothing spectacular happened today, same old, same old …

Harley play, cooking, washing, art, watching a movie, watching footy and cleaning out two drawers and the cupboard in my ensuite bathroom.

That cleaning job took 55 minutes! I threw out approximately 15 lipsticks, 4 face powders, 2 compacts of eyeshadows, 4 eyeliner pencils, 2 mascaras, a bronzer, a blush, 5 make up brushes, 2 empty bottles of milkshake conditioner, 2 bottles of nail polish and much much more.

There’s nothing like a good decluttering!

My next job will be decluttering my wardrobe. That’ll be a doozy!

I think it’s time for me to sleep now.







Nite all.

No comments: