Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 1, 2023

Ugly Sounds

I woke at 3.15am to the sound of Harley throwing up 😳

His body was rejecting two small shards of bone that he had swallowed the previous day.

Then he needed to go outside. I don’t know what he did but he was out in the dark for about 15 minutes.

We both fell back to sleep almost instantly.

He still got me up at 6.15am.

My morning was spent cooking, playing, washing and cleaning the rest of my ensuite, interrupted by an hour long visit from Mrs Bucket.

My afternoon was spent watching quiz shows, napping on the couch, playing with Harley and cooking dinner.

BGWLBH spent the day cleaning and creating beautiful art. No pics yet.

Now I’m yawning uncontrollably so I’m off to sleep.


Nite all.

No comments: