Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, May 7, 2023

Jelly Fishing

I spent almost an hour cleaning the stove top, back splash, surrounding cupboards, the range hood, the knife block, utensil holder, paper towel holder and other bits and pieces and then shining up the kitchen sink.

Then, as my reward, I did some more art. I added some more to the wave …

When I needed a break from the wave, I decided to do a fluid art jellyfish …






I’ve already had to remove a sandfly and two small moths from the wet paint. Ugh.

Harley and I had some play time between football games.

BGWLBH was convinced that she could do better in the footy tipping than me, so I let her choose my tips this week.

Big mistake.

She doesn’t even follow football.

If I had chosen my own tips, I’d have got 6 correct out of 8, but instead, I got 3 out of 8, thanks to BGWLBH.

Ya live and learn right?

I made salmon mornay for dinner because the big king salmon steaks that I was going to cook were still frozen solid! Annoying.

I think I’m ready to sleep now.



Nite all.

No comments: