Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, May 8, 2023

Forgiven

I think Harley has forgiven me for going out today.

I don’t think he’s forgiven me for cutting short both plays though.

The minimum temperature has gradually worked its way down to 8°C which means that the pool water has a real chill in it, but that doesn’t deter Harley from diving in for stray balls!

The cooler weather means that it takes longer for him to dry so he can’t come into the house and has to stay outside but after a while he gets bored and finds mischief, like digging holes or chewing plants.

This afternoon we played for 20 minutes and he hadn’t jumped in the pool so I thought I would take advantage of his ‘still dry state’ and offer him his dinner a bit early. I hoped he would accept my offer and, because he’d be dry, he could come inside the house afterwards.

As soon as I said “Would you like some dinner?” he immediately jumped into the pool and stood on the pool step refusing to move.

So I left him there while I organised his dinner and by the time I filled his bowl, he was at the pool gate ready to be left out.

It took 90 minutes for him to dry. I haven’t looked for outdoor damage yet, because it was dark when I let him in the house. I’ll survey the yard in the morning.

We had king salmon sautéed in butter, accompanied by pineapple salsa and home made chips done in the air fryer for dinner.

I must say, after our day in The Bay, I’m feeling very weary so I think I shall sign off and get some sleep.






Nite all.

No comments: