Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 15, 2023

Bad Australian vaccine data

Western Australia has released data about adverse events reported for The Covid vaccine. I am not the slightest bit surprised and every day I’m grateful for the decision I made for my body and health because these stats are damning.


Today was market day.

We enjoyed breakfast at Salt then walked to the Pier Markets where we browsed and shopped at SO MANY stalls! It was almost as big as the pre-Christmas markets.

I bought some birthday and Christmas gifts, fruit and vegetables, some chilli Davidson plum sauce and a poncho for me. 

On the way to the car, we stopped at Luxe where I bought a gorgeous top.

Then we moved on to the Torquay Markets which were bigger than the last time we were there. I can’t even remember what I purchased from there but I know my partner in crime found some art and some jewellery.

I put $5 in the guitar case of a busker whose beautiful voice moved me. She made me feel very emotional! I actually didn’t have any cash in my purse so I had to borrow the fiver from BGWLBH.

Across the road from the markets, a new dress shop was open. It’s actually an extension of Banana Bender and I tried on a couple tops but I didn’t like them on me. The woman who owns it told me about some brands she says will be delivered in two weeks and they are some of my favourites so I look forward to going back in a few weeks.

We drove to Pialba for some grocery shopping and some Su Jus juices and were home just after 1pm.

I made lunch and settled in for Super Saturday football.

Three games today and one last night and I have a so far perfect round in the footy tipping comp.

It’s now after 11pm and after watching the Djokovic semi final last night until 1.30am, I’m feeling very weary. Definitely time to sleep.










Nite all.

No comments: