Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Thursday, July 13, 2023

Too Much

I don’t know what came over me today but I had energy to burn.

  • Cooked breakfast for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH
  • Walked Harley for an hour
  • Played with Harley for half an hour
  • Chopped pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, eggplant and cauliflower to boil for Harley food
  • Peeled and chopped potatoes and cut up cauliflower to make soup
  • Attempted to connect the new printer for scanning and emailing
  • After steaming the vegetables, threw them with remaining ingredients into the blender and pressed the ‘soup’ button to blend and heat
  • Made candied walnuts in the oven
  • Mixed up the dog food and spooned it into 19 ziplock bags to freeze
  • Helped AH save some financial documents and then upload them to his MyGov account
  • Made vanilla cupcakes
  • Made butter cream icing with lemon and finger lime
  • Iced the cupcakes
  • Cleaned the kitchen
  • Rested for 90 minutes
  • Crumbed 4 giant chicken thigh fillets
  • Cooked 4 giant chicken thigh fillets
  • Made a garden salad
  • Made a coleslaw
  • Fed Harley
  • Ate cauliflower soup with candied walnuts for dinner
  • Sat down, put my feet up with a cup of tea and a cupcake
Now it’s almost 11pm and I am absolutely exhausted!


Nite all.

No comments: