Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Tennis Tragic

What a great win by Djokovic this morning!

I purposely fell asleep with the TV still going at 10.45pm.

I knew that Djokovic wouldn’t play until late and I knew I’d wake during the night (because my bladder demands it!) and I wanted to see, without going to any effort, who was playing at any given time.

At 3am I opened my eyes to see that Djokovic had lost the first set and was winning 3-0 in the second, so I emptied my bladder in the appropriate room and then returned to my warm bed to sit up and watch the remainder of the match.

The match was over at 5am and after I watched his post match interview, I fell back to sleep until 6.30am.

He is awesome.

BGWLBH and I had a big day in The Bay looking for art supplies and grocery shopping, picking up the FROG box and taking a detour to grab our usual fresh egg order from the Happy Hippy.

I’m really tired after so little sleep last night but I’d love to see some of the men’s tennis tonight, especially the Eubank vs Medvedev game. I’ll see if I can hold out - it seems the lady’s matches are very even and both might go to 3 sets which means the men will be late starters.

State of Origin football was on tonight and NSW took the win. It didn’t matter because QLD had already won the series but NSW supporters needed this win to boost their morale.

It’s now 11.30pm so I think I might do last nights trick and sleep with the TV on so that I can catch some of the men’s tennis at some point.







Nite all.

No comments: