Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Low Energy

I made breakfast for Adoring Husband and BGWLBH before taking Harley for his morning walk.

He was very good on the loose leash, tried to chase two cars, ignored six and almost dragged me across the road when a dog started barking like a crazy thing from its front yard.

Still a work in progress but at least I’m now enjoying the walks and looking forward to them each morning… as is Harley.

We spent an hour around the pool when we got back. Harley likes to cool down by stepping onto the first platform of the pool.

I thought about doing some art but then I got hungry so I was distracted by preparing a light breakfast of one leftover lamb rissole, 2 slices of tomato, beetroot and LF cheese with a nice hot cup of tea.

BGWLBH headed off to the local hairdresser where she had a LOT of hair chopped and the greys highlighted. It looks great!

Last night I enjoyed watching Eubanks defeat Tsitsipas at Wimbledon and was super excited to know that Djokovic won his match in four sets (even though I didn’t get to watch it 🤬).

He plays again tonight so I’m hoping they might show it on TV this time.

I’m propped up in bed ready to watch but I’m fading fast. I don’t think I’ll make the distance but I’ll leave the TV on so that if I wake up I’ll know who’s playing and I might get to catch some of the tennis.






Nite all.

No comments: