Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Sleepless Sunday

It was around 3am when I fell asleep this morning.

I still didn’t get to see the end of any matches that I was watching.

Christopher O’Connell lost his match 7-6 7-6 7-6

The No.1 player, Alcaraz, lost one of his sets but eventually won in four sets.

I just couldn’t stay awake past 3am - it was a struggle to last that long!

I’d love to see the Djokovic match tonight but he is third on the match play list for Centre Court so I doubt he’ll even walk onto the court until after 3am our time.

I might set my alarm to wake up at 2am just to check.

Harley, BGWLBH and I spent about two hours in the pool area this morning with me throwing the ball for Harley and BGWLBH soaking up the sunshine.

Art was on my mind after that but once I started, my motivation level dipped to almost zero. I pushed myself for another 15 minutes but I could feel my art suffering from my attitude so I gave up and found some fluffy stuff to watch on TV.

Dinner was a baked chicken and vegetables which was nice.

I only missed one game in the footy tipping this week.

It’s now 10.45pm and the first match on Centre Court has started. Definitely time for me to sleep and hopefully catch the Novak match in a few hours!








Nite all.

No comments: