Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Saturday, July 8, 2023

Meditative State

It was meditation day today and it was a beautiful day for a drive to Dallarnil.

It was a special class for Heart of Gold and I.

It lasted for over an hour and could easily have continued longer but we all consciously ended it on a peaceful high and moved outside to the sunshine where we enjoyed chocolate cake, jasmine tea and almost two hours of animated and enlightened conversation.

We three have a lot in common, but especially our hunger for spiritual fulfilment, learning the lessons and overcoming the challenges that the universe sends to us, working on our powers and knowing and understanding our own boundaries as well as the boundaries of others.

We three all have issues in our lives that we are attempting to navigate in an empowered way and just having this support once a fortnight is incredibly helpful.

The good news is that The Gypsy will be commencing meditation classes and hoop chi classes in BH mid August. I’m very excited about this because I have missed the regular weekly contact with her and the clarity that comes from her teachings.

I arrived home around 1.30pm and was starving! So I reheated some chicken sausages and ate them with fried onion, a fried egg and some tomato and beetroot.

Afterwards I had some play time with Harley and then found my spot on the couch to wait for the football to start.

I cooked honey chilli chicken with roasted pear and zucchini, mashed potato and steamed beans and carrots for dinner which went down a treat.

There was more footy to watch and now I’m watching the tennis.

The No.1 in the world is playing No.25 in the world. He won the first set but his serve has been broken in the second set. It’s a great match so far but I’m hoping the Aussie Christopher O’Connell’s match is recommencing soon. It was being telecast earlier but the typical English Summer rains came so there has been more than an hour rain delay.

Tomorrow will be a lazy day for me. Now I’m off to focus on the tennis.







Nite all.

No comments: