Nice to see you!

Three major events occurred for me last year (2010), all in the space of about 2 weeks. I turned 50. The following day I got married. Two weeks later, my oldest daughter became pregnant with her first child and my first grandchild.

Most middle-aged people will tell you that in their minds, they still feel 20 something. It's the same for me.

Wasn't it only yesterday that I was planning a night out with guys from the surf club? That gorgeous new perm. Flaired, cuffed denims and the red t-shirt with the off-the-shoulder frill. Corked platform wedgies. **sigh**

Suddenly I'm looking in the mirror and wondering how 30 years can flash by so damned quickly!

So here I am in cyberspace, sharing my genuine shock and horror with anyone who'll listen and maybe I'll even meet some other over 50s who find themselves in the same predicament!

Welcome to my dilemna!!

Monday, July 3, 2023

THAT Time!

I’m talking about Wimbledon!

It’s Wimbledon time again!

I am sitting up in bed watching the number one female player, Iga Swiatek, play the number 33 in the world, Lin Zhu.

Wimbledon is my favourite Grand Slam and I really hope that Djokovic reaches the men’s final and wins. I don’t have a favourite female player at the moment - any underdog that puts up a good fight I guess!

It’s been a big day and I doubt I’ll last long in front of the tennis tonight.

BGWLBH and I drove into the bay early this morning.

Adoring Husband was expecting the plumber to arrive early because our kitchen sink was blocked (for the third time in 3 years) and I was worried that he wouldn’t be able to handle Harley while they were here. I almost didn’t go, but in the end decided that if I’m planning a trip away in August, then AH has to be able to handle all the Harley situations.

Apparently, after an initial burst of barking when the plumber arrived, Harley settled quickly and was not a problem.

BGWLBH and I began our day with a bit of a road rage incident when we inadvertently stole a parking space from an older gentleman who came to our car window calling BGWLBH lots of names including “disgusting human being” and “piece of filth”.

It was a horrible way to start our day.

We decided to move on and chose to have our breakfast far away from the angry man.

After breakfast we still had an hour to kill so we browsed through some boutiques but sadly couldn't find anything to spend our money on.

Between us, we had a nail appointment and a foot massage appt.

We visited the butcher, the baker, the post office, the newsagent, two supermarkets and Su Jus cafe.

It was a very grey day with light rain falling intermittently which was more of an annoyance than anything else, but rain is forecast for the next couple of days.

We need it.

I think it’s time to settle under the covers, set the timer on the TV and fall asleep to the sound of racket on ball.






Nite all.


No comments: